Audiology and Otoneurology
We offer complex hearing and balance system diagnostics, including BERA examination, otoacoustic emissions measuring (OAE) and neonatal screening of hearing.
What do we offer at our Audiology and otoneurological centre?
- Complex diagnostics of hearing defects of adults and children, incl. prevention examination.
- Tonal and verbal audiometry (examination of hearing limits, decibels’ lost, tinnitus).
- Tympanometry (measuring of tympanic membrane’s malleability, detection of pathologic effusion in the middle ear).
- BERA examination (objective measuring of hearing using evoked potentials).
- Otoacoustic emissions OAE (objective examination of hearing, also possible for newborns).
- Screening of hearing of newborns and 5-year-olds.
- Prevention examination for work in noise or heights, examination of divers, pilots etc.
You can find the Audiology centre at our Budějovická branch where we carry out all the above mentioned services. However, we also perform Audiometry (hearing test) at Modřany and Kartouzská.
Before an auditory test an inspection including cleaning of the ears by a doctor is essential. The examination takes 10-15 minutes depending on one’s auditory capability.
For companies we offer preventive check-ups for their employees working in loud environments or at heights. It is usually possible to make an appointment for the following business day. It is possible to pay by invoice.
As. MUDr. Daniel Groh Ph.D.
Currently we have contracts with these insurance companies: